Wednesday, September 5, 2007

David Introduces himself more fully


The first introduction I made below was really testing the blog. Now I need to say something more about who I am.

I've been lecturing and teaching about spirituality since 1964. From 1970 to 1973 I was a co-director of the Findhorn Foundation Community in northern Scotland and the creator of what became their educational program. I left Findhorn in the company of several friends and together we founded the Lorian Association in 1974, a non-profit spiritual educational organization. I continue to work for Lorian to this day. Along with my colleagues, I design courses on incarnational spirituality, magic, and working with spiritual forces and non-physical allies. We offer a Masters Degree in Contemporary Spirituality. Most of my teaching these days is online, but I also do face-to-face workshops. As I mentioned earlier, I also write a regular letter for our mailing list. For further information, please go to our Lorian website, http://www.lorian.org/. If you want to receive the letter, called David's Desk, write info@Lorian.org.

I am the author of several books, most of which now are out of print (though new ones are coming from Lorian Press). They include Everyday Miracles; The Call; Parent as Mystic, Mystic as Parent; Emergence; A Pilgrim in Aquarius; and Blessing: The Art and the Practice. I also have a manual and deck of cards for working with manifestation projects called, simply enough, The Manifestation Deck, and a book of Christmas and fantasy stories called The Story Tree. The latter are available from Lorian Press through the Lorian website. I am currently finishing editing a manuscript on my own training and work with the inner realms called Apprenticed to Spirit. God willing, it will be published by Riverhead Books in 2008.

I live in the Seattle area with my wife Julie and four kids ranging in age from 24 to 12.

As I said below, it is a great pleasure and honor to do this blog with Catherine. Come January, 2008, I trust you will all run to the nearest bookstore to purchase her new book; I can hardly wait for her next work on Jesus and healing to come out. It will be terrific. Yes, I'm a fan!

No comments: